The James F. Byrnes High School Rebel Regiment was crowned the South Carolina Upper State 5A Champion for the fifth consecutive year at the South Carolina 5A Marching Band Championships on November 4, 2017, at Irmo High School. The Upper State 5A Champion award was announced at the end of Preliminary competition among the fourteen South Carolina Class 5A high school marching bands that competed. The Rebel Regiment was also among the eight marching bands chosen to compete in the Finals performance.
In Finals performance at the competition, the Rebel Regiment came in second, with first place going to Wando High School. As 2016’s South Carolina 5A Champion, the Rebel Regiment’s percussion section led all the competing bands into the awards ceremony. The Rebel Regiment performed its program “Lightning In A Bottle” to a packed audience and nationally-credentialed adjudication panel. The band’s program includes selections from Bach’s Toccata and Fugue, Mozart’s 25th Symphony, Sia’s “Chandelier” and “The Electro Suite” by Hans Zimmer.
The Rebel Regiment would like to express its appreciation to the South Carolina Band Directors Association and the Bands of Irmo High School for hosting the Championships. It would also like to congratulate all the bands who competed, especially the 2017 South Carolina 5A champion, Wando High School.
Latest News & Posts
- RR Band Reminders Dec 18-21December 17, 2017 - 9:44 pm
- Gallery – RR at Duncan Christmas Parade – December 16, 2017December 17, 2017 - 6:12 pm
- Duncan Christmas Parade RemindersDecember 15, 2017 - 8:00 am
- Gallery – RR Individual Portraits – November 30, 2017December 11, 2017 - 5:08 pm
- RR Band Reminders Dec 11-16December 11, 2017 - 1:25 am