- At the time of Grand Nationals, Indianapolis will be on Eastern Standard Time. Please plan your travel and arrival time accordingly.
Tickets can be purchased on-site at the Northeast Ticket Office of Lucas Oil Stadium Thursday- Saturday of Grand Nationals. Will-call tickets and media credentials may be picked up at the South Ticket Office. Spectator entry will be at the East Gate of the Stadium for Prelims and Semi-Finals, and at the North Gate for Finals Competition. If you wish to purchase your tickets in advance you may still do so at ticketmaster.com. Tickets to the Indianapolis Marching Band Tournament on Wednesday can be purchased at the Northwest Ticket Office.
- A limited amount of spectator parking is available in Lot A North of the Stadium and the South Lot of Lucas Oil Stadium. The cost for each of these lots is $10.00 per vehicle with NO in/out privileges.
- Accessible parking spaces are located in the South lot of the Stadium via the Missouri Street Gate 3 parking lot entrance. The cost for this lot is $10.00 per vehicle with NO in/out privileges. Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Accessible parking spaces are located in the South lot of the Stadium via the Missouri Street Gate 3 parking lot entrance.
- Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A drop-off/pick-up location is available along Capitol Ave. outside of the Colts Team Store.
- Additional spaces surround the stadium in various lots and parking garages. A map of parking and prices for area lots is available online at www.indydt.com/parking.cfm
- BOA does not operate, guarantee access to, or control the pricing or policies of Lucas Oil Stadium or other surrounding lots.
- Plan to arrive early to allow plenty of time to park, buy tickets and enter the Stadium. Lucas Oil Stadium is a large, urban-based professional facility. Allowing extra time for movement and the unfamiliar and unanticipated is essential and prudent.
Use of cameras of any kind are NOT ALLOWED on the field (stadium floor) for any BOA event, except for the Official Photographers of BOA, and official news media with credentials. Still cameras (digital or film, professional or otherwise) are allowed into the stadium and may be used from stadium seating, but not on the field. Tripods or other similar equipment that may obstruct the view or path of travel of others in seating areas are not allowed. The issuance of a “Field Pass” or other non-media BOA Credential does not include the right to use a camera on the field. Pass holders must go into stadium spectator seating to use their camera.
PERSONAL VIDEO RECORDING
Due to copyright laws, any personal video or audio recording of performances by parents, booster, spectators, student, staff and/or directors is strictly prohibited. We encourage you to reinforce these policies with your parent boosters and students, as they typically are wearing school affiliation attire often creating and communicating a disregard for policies and the law that is not likely intended or representative of your program, school or community.
STADIUM RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Helium balloons will not be allowed in the Stadium.
- Drones are not allowed in the stadium or on stadium property
- Concessions will be available throughout the concourse area. Due to Stadium policy, you are not allowed to bring food into the Stadium. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Permanent concession stands accept credit cards.
- All entrances to the Stadium are ADA compliant.
- Local Indianapolis ordinance prohibits smoking inside Lucas Oil Stadium.
- The Stadium has a retractable roof, but please note the roof will be CLOSED for the Grand National Championships.
STADIUM SAFETY GUIDELINES
From a safety and security perspective, fans should observe the following:
- Nothing larger than a small personal handbag, subject to inspection, will be permitted inside the Stadium (through the main gates). Items specifically prohibited inside the Stadium are listed below. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in denial of admission to the stadium.
- Fans are advised to arrive early to avoid congestion at the gates. Gates and gate open times are listed on the Daily Schedule.
- Fans and participants may not bring the following items into the Stadium.
- Video and Audio Recorders
- Liquor Containers
- Food and Beverages
- Large Purses
- Balloons (Helium)
- Fanny packs
- Air-Horns Page
- Missile-like objects
- Bands of America strictly prohibits the presence of weapons on Lucas Oil Stadium property during the event.
- Bands of America will provide a qualified medical staff, and they will be located on the field and concourse for any major problems that might arise. Find the nearest uniformed Lucas Oil Stadium staff member, a BOA volunteer or BOA staff member for immediate assistance.
Fans can also make hotel reservations directly through our BOA Housing Bureau that the participating bands use to secure rooms at the lowest block prices. Use the link below to make your reservations.
The Super Regional and Grand National housing bureaus are part of the resources that enable MFA to provide national programs like our Bands of America Championships. All competing bands and their booster groups utilizing hotel accommodations for their stay during the BOA Grand National and BOA Super Regional Championships are REQUIRED to make their housing reservations through the Bands of America Housing Bureau. The Housing Bureau has been set up to secure enough hotel rooms at the lowest block prices to accommodate all bands’ needs for the event.
Visit Indy has a wonderful guide to restaurants in the downtown area. Please visit their website to find a map!
Music for All is excited to continue its partnership with FloSports, a leader in live sport and event streaming, which is live streaming all of the 2017 Grand Nationals. FloMarching offers monthly and annual subscriptions at FloMarching.com. Music for All and FloMarching are pleased to be mutually engaged as advocates and promoters of band, music education, and the arts.
- 2:41 AM EDT on April 19, 2018
- 9:00 AM EDT on April 20, 2018
CONNECT WITH MUSIC FOR ALL AND BANDS OF AMERICA ONLINE
Music for All will be posting photos, videos, and updates from each show this fall and we would love for staff, students, and band fans to join the conversation.
Follow Music for All on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so you don’t miss any of the action. Use the hashtag #boa2016 all season long.