Please see below for 2018-2019 Byrnes Rebel Regiment Color Guard Roster.
1 Morgan Bridges V 12 2 Sarah Katherine Byrd V 12 3 Joscelyn Gallego V 12 4 Claire Levasseur V 12 5 Rachel Nelson V 12 6 Kylee Orr V 12 7 Angela Rogers V 12 8 Angelica Rogers V 12 9 Raven Conn V 11 10 Julie Covil V 11 11 Amanda Cox V 11 12 Maria Delarosa V 11 13 Andrew Elkins V 11 14 Raven Gingerella V 11 15 Cheyenne James V 11 16 Jeanette Levasseur V 11 17 Sarah Beth Lister V 11 18 Emily Mehaffey V 11 19 Katherin Molina R 11 20 Rebekah Nelson V 11 21 Lauren Russell V 11 22 Haley Smith V 11 23 Colby Tapp R 11 24 Katie Watts R 11 25 Nate Alexander V 10 26 Sophie Blackwell V 10 27 Jessica Denson V 10 28 Dakota Foster R 10 29 Natalia Gandee R 10 30 Victoria Gomez R 10 31 Mackenzie Melton V 10 32 Alex Moorhouse V 10 33 Reece Phillips R 10 34 Leah Wildenstein V 10 35 Christen Worthington R 10 36 Bailey Blackwell V 9 37 Bella McCray V 9 38 Grace Starnes V 9 39 Jacob Stone V 9 40 Morgan Thompson R 9 41 Alyssa Weatherman R 9 42 London Bridges R 8 43 Cortazia Gilliam R 8 44 Savannah Melton R 8
UPDATE (APRIL 11, 2018)
Bill S.302 must get through sub-committee before it gets to the main education committee chaired by our Representative Rita Allison. Mrs. Raye Felder is the chair of that committee. Nation Ford and Fort Mill Bands are in charge of contacting her but it certainly won’t hurt for us to as well. Please let Rita Allison know you are in favor of this bill if you haven’t already. She is our state representative and was a graduate of James F. Byrnes HS.
Their contact information can be found here: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/committee.php?chamber=H
District Five Band Family,
If ever there was a time we need your help, THIS IS IT! Bill S.302 that gives a unit of PE credit for marching band passed in the Senate with a unanimous vote! Next Tuesday it will go to the House of Representatives Education K-12 Committee. Please let our state representative Rita Allison know that you favor this bill. She has served our district very well for many years!
Please call AND email her to share your support for bill S.302 (see the links at the bottom of this email for talking points and details)
Rita Allison 803-734-3053 RitaAllison@schouse.gov
We need EVERY band family to email and call- The more the better. PLEASE HELP!
Top 5 Talking Points
- S.302 passed the Senate on March 27, 2018 by a vote of 43 – 0.
- This legislation would not replace PE and simply incorporates the five standards of the South Carolina Standards for Physical Education curriculum into the marching band curriculum in order to qualify for the PE education credit in high school.
- Flexibility: Students earning PE credit from marching band would have additional flexibility with their academic schedule.
- VirtualSC: Many students currently take PE using VirtualSC and use the cardio regiment from marching band as their activity for this class. VirtualSC PE students are required to have a fitness sponsor monitor their physical activity for the duration of the course and in many cases band directors in SC are already serving in this capacity.
- FIFTEEN states that currently allow marching band to count as PE credit: Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Ohio, Michigan, Oklahoma, Illinois, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and California.
This is a link to more information and all the details about this bill: https://www.bandlink.org/about/advocacy/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT SPARTANBURG DISTRICT FIVE BAND FAMILY!
Latest News & Posts
- Welcome to our new Color Guard Director Douglas EdensJune 13, 2018 - 5:32 pm
- Congratulations to Our 2018 Rebel Regiment Officers!May 29, 2018 - 9:10 pm
- Welcome, Mrs. Joanne MaMay 23, 2018 - 3:45 pm
- Congratulations to Our 2018 Rebel Regiment Drum MajorsMay 18, 2018 - 6:17 pm
- Welcome, Mr. Eric Bell!May 9, 2018 - 6:37 pm
Our Location & Info